Saturday, July 4, 2009

Snowshoeing, Hunting and Safety

My favorite part of winter besides Christmas was my snowshoes. Would have a trail packed over the fields to the forest reserve where I would hunt rabbits and make a nuisance of myself to the wildlife.


Would wear grey lace up Moccasins with multiple pair of wool socks, warm but slippery for my footwear in the winter.




22 Bolt action slide magazine, 22 short were the cheapest to buy I would save up a dollar and go to the Co-op service station and buy at 12 years old.

I used to love hunting grouse in the fall, I would scare them up in a tree and then shoot there heads off, I hope. If they were breast shoot there wasn’t much meat left.

Good friend of mine the Hitchcock’s; the older brother was walking along the railway tracks on day with his younger sister by his side, his .22 went off and struck the rail and went through his sister’s hand that besides her leg and ended in her leg.
Took Hunter Safety in Carragana and qualified to teach the classes, I especially enjoyed that the range where we tried out different rifles.
Wow, .303 army issue tracers are neat going into trees and I realized that shooting at rocks is a dangerous habit; you can’t control the bullets from ricocheting. Les Baker had the ammunition left over from the war and we fired it off at his farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment